Wednesday 16 September 2009

Hunting down Lewis Carroll's brother

Writing the book has been like following a paper chase. A brother of Lewis Carroll made much less noise than the author himself and to bridge gaps in knowledge I turned to newspapers of the time- for example, tracing Wilfred's whereabouts in the gaps between Christ Church and Barmby Moor involved using the knowledge that he was fond of shooting and looking to the Game Lists published in newspapers. In fact maybe he did make more noise than Lewis Carroll on occasion..

3 comments:

  1. A very interesting book. Thank you.

    Wilfred Dodgson lived (and died) in my house in Ludlow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lewis Carroll is one of my favorite all time writers. This post has been really interesting to me! Thanks for submitting it.

    Just started following your site, hope you follow my adventure travel blog back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete